February is the month of LOVE. When everything in stores and in the media is about Valentine's Day, the perfect gift for "that special person," blah blah blah, we wanted to talk about loving the most important person in your life. Yes, I'm talking about YOURSELF! If only we gave a fraction of the attention to loving ourselves as we give to loving those around us. We would all be happier more mentally stable people!
We spent an evening talking about all things self-love with our panel of experts — Britt Berlin, Nitika Chopra, Paul Fishman, and Ally Love. They all shared their own personal experiences and provided advice on how to take care of yourself!
Here’s what we learned to add to our practice:
- Take away time for yourself. Get comfortable that it comes at the cost of friendships, partner, work. The return is 100% worth it!
- Learn to say no. Be okay with it, be confident with it, wrap it in love. Saying no to others is saying yes to YOU.
- Live in the present moment. We always romanticize the past and future. Live for what you are NOW.
- Start your day feeling relaxed by doing something for yourself each morning.
- It’s ok to be upset. Accept feelings of anger as they come and let yourself be.
- Be grateful for what you have. Gratitude cultivates self-love. Gratitude is the attitude!!