Dips + Sips
The Dip: Mediterranean Hummus
- 1 Can Chickpeas (or any other bean you have on hand, white beans, black beans, kidney beans)
- 1 Lemon, Juiced
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 t Tahini
- 1/4 t Cumin
- 1/4 t Coriander
- 1/4 t Salt
- Dash of Black Pepper
- 1-2 T Olive Oil
- A Little Water (as needed to puree the dip)
- Handful of Fresh Cilantro or Parsley or Mint to Garnish
Optional Hummus Mix-ins: Sundried Tomatoes, Beet or Beet Juice, Spinach-Artichoke, Rasted Red Pepper, Jalapeno, Avocado, Carrot-Ginger, Kalamata Olives, Basil-Pine Nut
Optional Spices For Garnish: Sumac, Paprika, Za’atar
- In your blending device (Vitamix, food processor, blender) add all ingredients and blend until desired dip texture is achieved.
- Add extra salt and spices if desired to taste.
- Garnish your dip with fresh herbs, a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of Mediterranean spices.
- Serve with your favorite dippable item of choice (veggie sticks, tortilla chips, bread, baguette or even just a spoon).
Cheers to dippin’!
The Sip: Zesty Lemonade
- 1-2 Lemons, Juiced (or Limes)
- 1+ Cup of Water
- 2+ T Something Sweet (Sugar, Agave, Honey, Coconut Sugar, Stevia)
Optional: Mint and citrus wedge
- In a pitcher, Juice your citrus and mix with water and sweetener.
- Water down and sweeten until desired tangy-sweet combo is achieved.
- Serve in a wine class. Garnish with fresh mint and a lemon (or lime) wedge.
- If you want to get a little zestier, add a splash of your favorite adult beverage (vodka, gin, spiced rum, rosé or white wine).
Cheers to adding your own zest of life.
Personal Chef: Lisa Weintraub