In case you didn't have enough sweets on Valentine's Day (or Valentine's week - let's be real), Monique of @AmbitiousKitchen shared her almond flour sugar cookie recipe with us at last night's Galentine's Day event in Boston.
Her cookie dough uses real ingredients that are clean and easily accessible. They totally made us feel good about having cookies for dinner. ;-) We had the best time spending time with Monique and baking cookies for ourselves and for our Galentines.
This recipe is going to be our go-to sugar cookie recipe all year long!
ALMOND FLOUR SUGAR COOKIES WITH ICING
2/3 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
1/2 cup organic cane sugar
4 tbsp honey
2 eggs, at room temperature
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups fine almond flour, packed (not almond meal)
6 tbsp coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
Pamela’s Products vanilla or chocolate frosting mix
2 tbsp plus 1 tsp water
8 tbsp ghee, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add in the coconut oil, sugar, honey, eggs, and vanilla extract. Mix with a fork until well combined.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt to the wet mixture. Allow dough to sit for 5 minutes.
- Place dough on flat surface and use a rolling pin to roll out dough so that it’s 1/4 inch thick. Use favorite cookie cutters to cut into shapes and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and place cookies on wire rack to cool.
- To prepare frosting, mix together frosting mix, softened ghee, and water until smooth.
- Allow cookies to cool completely before icing. Enjoy!
Recipe makes 24 cookies.