Drooling over all of the pictures from our event with Monique, aka @ambitiouskitchen? Well now you can have the recipes too!
We made Energy Bites using Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides and Paleo Chocolate Chunk Cookies. Make these recipes at home and tag your photos with @sayhellowellness and the brands listed below in the recipe! We’ll be reposting our faves all month long!
5-MINUTE PROTEIN NUT BUTTER ENERGY BITES WITH VITAL PROTEINS
INGREDIENTS (Makes 12 balls)
- 1/2 cup natural drippy peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/4 cup Wedderspoon Manuka Honey
- 1/4 cup Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1/3 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup rolled oats (gluten free, if desired)
- 1 tablespoons mini chocolate chips (vegan, if desired)
- 1/2 tbsp Navitas chia seeds
- Garden of Life Coconut Life, if necessary, for consistency
1. In a large bowl, mix together peanut butter or nut butter, coconut palm syrup and vanilla extract until well combined.
2. Add in protein powder, coconut, flaxseed meal, oats, chocolate chips and chia seeds. Mix until well combined. I usually have to use my hands to mix and work with the dough. At this point you should be able to form balls that stick together. Because all peanut butter/nut butter consistencies are different and depending on what protein powder you use, you may need to add in more nut butter or sweetener to help the balls stick together.
3. Form into 12 balls and place in an airtight container. Store in the fridge for up to 1 week, or the freezer for a month. Enjoy!
PALEO CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES
INGREDIENTS (Makes 12 cookies)
- 1 Egg, slightly beaten
- ¼ cup Garden of Life Coconut Oil, melted & cooled
- ½ cup Navitas Coconut Sugar
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- ¼ cup Coconut Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 3 oz. Dark Chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Course Sea Salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add in beaten egg, melted and cooled coconut oil, coconut sugar and vanilla extract. (Please make sure your coconut oil is cool!)
- Next add in almond flour, coconut flour and baking soda, mixing well to combine and form a dough.
- Fold in dark chocolate chunks. You may need to use your hands to moisten the dough so that it sticks together well.
- Use a cookie scoop or large tablespoon to drop dough onto ungreased baking sheet. Gently flatten the dough with your hand.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until edges are slightly golden brown.
- Sprinkle with coarse sea salt and allow to cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finishing cooling.