Anyone else feel like the topic of gut health just popped up recently and now all of a sudden we're seeing, gut-friendly this, gut-health that? This made us very curious! Although the topic seems to have just popped onto the scene, the issues are ones that we've been dealing with for years, without necessarily being able to identify the root cause.
At last night's event with Arielle Lorre and Dr. Robert Yang, we learned about Arielle's individual story and how she enlisted Rob’s help to uncover what was really happening with her body. She's been on a gut healing journey ever since, and has inspired us to investigate our own!
Some of our main takeaways from Arielle and Rob include:
- It takes time to heal your gut. It may take 2 weeks or 2 years, which is important to note since patience is not known to be our strong suit.
- When it comes to the gut and your health, if you're not assessing your guessing!
- Gut health is connected to more than you think: stress, mood issues, adrenals, hormonal issues, skin, etc.
- The most common food sensitivities are the big 6: Gluten, Dairy, Soy, Corn, Legumes & Eggs!
- When adding foods back into your diet, try a food journal and pay attention to any symptoms from your skin, runny nose, sleep patterns, digestion, mood, etc.
- Digestion starts with your thoughts! Be mindful when you're eating. Don't watch or read anything while eating. Just eat!
Learn more about Arielle’s journey and make the delicious recipes in her cookbook, ‘The Blonde Files Cookbook.” You can buy the book and get 50% OFF with CODE HELLOWELLNESS. Shop now.
Discover your favorite items from the event here.