We learned so much from Danica ( @kaleandcarrotsticks ) at last night's event, hosted at Unplug Meditation. Many people, Danica and the HelloWellness team included, find meal prep as a key essential to their continued success in eating well.
Although it may take a bit of extra time and effort initially, we find, it ends up saving a ton of extra in the long run and ensuring that we have healthy foods to gravitate towards all week long.
Here are some of the top meal prep tips she shared with us!
- Keep it interesting . Switch up the veggies you use each week.
- Try ‘buffet style.’ Prep a few different seasonal veggies, protein, and a carb of choice separately. Every day, pair them with different pre-made sauces or dressings.
- Always roast veggies on parchment paper. Parchment paper is better for you than tin foil and it helps the mess as well.
- Buy avocado oil spray. Avocado oil has a higher smoke point, so you can roast veggies on a higher temp in the oven and spend less time prepping. Also, when you use a spray, it uses minimal oil so that you won't have veggies that are soggy when reheated.
- Use glass Tupperware and mason jars for food storage. Let your food cool completely to room temp before refrigerating to prevent condensation and help food last longer.
Find all of @kaleandcarrotsticks meal prep essentials here .