Hosted by Personal Chef Lisa
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes or 3-4 Fresh Tomatoes, Diced
- 3 Eggs (Or chickpeas/white beans if you are vegan)
- 1 Onion, Diced
- 2-4 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 1/2 t Cumin
- 1/2 t Paprika
- 1/4 T Turmeric
- Dash of Cayenne
- 1/4 t Salt
- 1 T Olive Oil
- Handful of Fresh Herbs, Cilantro, Parsley and/or Dill, Chopped
- In a medium saucepan, add olive oil and onions over medium heat.
- Sautee onions for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and spices and salt according to taste. Sautee for 1 more minute.
- Add in tomatoes and cook down until saucy (add ½ C water if using fresh tomatoes, add 1/4 C water if using canned tomatoes). Simmer sauce for 7-10 minutes until thickened.
- Then, crack in eggs to the pan and cover with a lid. Lower heat to low and cook for 3-5 minutes (depending how runny you like your eggs.)
- When ready, uncover, remove from heat and garnish with fresh herbs. Don’t worry about transferring the food, put a coaster down and eat straight out of your pan!
- Enjoy Shakshuka solo or double the recipe to enjoy with your partner or roommates for the perfect brunch or “breakfast for dinner”.
**Optional Toppings: Avocado, toast (regular or gluten free), pita chips or tortilla chips.
Personal Chef: Lisa Weintraub