The HelloWellness Cookie Recipe
1 cup of cold dairy- free butter
1 1/4 cup coconut sugar
2 large eggs
2 3/4 cups gluten-free all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cornstarch (omit for paleo)
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups roughly chopped walnuts
2 cups dairy-free dark chocolate chunks
1.Preheat the oven to 410 degrees F.
2. Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add dairy-free butter + coconut sugar. Cream until light and fluffy, for about 2 minutes. Start on low speed for about 30 seconds to combine then switch to medium, then to high.
4. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl. Add in eggs. Mix on medium speed until incorporated.
5. Add in flour, baking soda, corn starch (*optional), and salt. Mix on low to avoid the flour going everywhere! Mix just until all of the flour is incorporated. Be careful not to over mix.
6. Add in walnuts and chocolate chips and mix on lowest speed until evenly incorporated
7. Remove approx. a fist-full of dough with your hands. It should be sticky. You can roughly measure these with your eyes or weigh them out. The traditional "Levain" cookies, and the size for this bake time is 6 oz.
8. Make sure to keep the dough as a ball and not pressed, as this is what makes the cookies dense and doughy.
9. Place each cookie at least 2 inches apart
10. Bake for 12 minutes. The tops of the cookies should be slightly browned, and the dough should look cooked, but not fully set.
11. Let the cookies set for 15 minutes, giving them a chance to cool slightly so you can remove the cookies without breaking them.
12. Enjoy and tag your pictures with #thehwcookie
Download the Recipe here: file:///Users/sarahosman/Downloads/%23theHWcookie/HW%20Cookie.pdf