Baking with @fitmittenkitchen
CHOCOLATE DIPPED PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
- 2 TBSP Flaxseed Meal + 1/3 Cup Water
- 3/4 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil, Softened (*not liquid*)
- 2/3 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 Cup Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Blend
- 1/2 TSP Baking Soda
- 1/2 TSP Salt
3/4 Cup Dairy Free Chocolate Chips
1/2 TSP Coconut Oil
- Preheat oven to 350ºF; line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In small bowl combine flaxseed with 1/3 cup water and let sit for 5 minutes (until mixture starts to gel)
- In large bowl mix peanut butter with coconut oil and sugar until well combined. Add in vanilla and flaxseed mixture until smooth.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt and mix until combined – Mixture should feel like a soft cookie dough, maybe slightly oily.
- Using rounded tablespoon, scoop peanut butter cookie dough into balls and roll between palms; place on lined baking sheet and press fork into cookie making a crisscross pattern.
- Bake cookies for 7-9 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 3-4 minutes before transferring to cooling rack and placing in freezer to chill while dipping chocolate is prepared.
- For the chocolate: combine chocolate chips with coconut oil, and bring to HW team to melt for you!
- Once cookies have chilled in the freezer about 10 minutes, dip half of cookies in bowl of melted chocolate and place on lined baking sheet to set. (Dipping the cookies while they’re chilled will set the chocolate faster.)
NOTE: Cookies are softer side and a little delicate, I find they’re best kept and enjoyed cold in the refrigerator.
SUPERFOOD ADAPTOGEN ENERGY BALLS
- 1 1/4 Cups Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- 1/3 Cup Wedderspoon Honey
- 1/2 TSP vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP Chia Seeds
- 1 TBSP Flaxseed Meal
- 1 TBSP Mushroom Blend
- 1/2 Cup Cashew or Almond Butter
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
In large bowl stir together nut butter with honey and vanilla extract until combined.
2. Add in oats, chia seeds, flaxseed meal, mushroom blend and chocolate chips.
3. Stir with large spoon until combined.
4. Use a rounded tablespoon to scoop mixture into hands and roll between palms to form ball.
5. Repeat with the remaining mixture.