Simone De La Rue took her impressive background in dance and turned it into a global movement for wellness and female empowerment! In just a few years, her fitness brand Body By Simone (BBS) went from a small pop-up operation to a hugely successful business, with celebrity clients like Sandra Bullock and Anne Hathaway. We had such an amazing time learning from and dining with Simone at Blender Workspace. We had her custom Sweetgreen salad, and sampled Barely Bread's paleo & gluten free products, Muuna's delectable cottage cheese, and sipping on Bonafide Provisions' Bone Broth Smoothies.
Simone gave us all the details including her most important health tips, her success, and how she balances it all! Here are a few of Simone’s Insights:
- GET MORE SLEEP! Simone emphasized that if you are going to work on one thing, SLEEP should be it. She explained that when you’re well rested, not only do you feel better but you are inclined to make healthier choices throughout the day. Simone recommends at least 8 hours every night, no excuses!
- You can achieve your goals, but you have to work HARD! If you really put your mind and effort into something, and aren’t just in it for the spotlight or wrong reasons, you CAN achieve it, but there’s no easy way out! Put in the hard work and you WILL see results.
- Meditation is a savior in the midst of a busy lifestyle! Simone explains that the way she stays sane through it all is through meditation. With so many things running through our minds on a daily basis, it’s so important to set a time for yourself to focus on relaxation and clarity.
- As important as exercise is, eating healthy plays an even bigger role! Simone knows the benefits of exercise are incredible both on physical and mental health. However,, she explains to really see results, you need to follow the 80/20 rule, it’s 80% what you eat and 20% working out!
- You may think there’s no time to work out with a busy work schedule but… there always is! Simone shared that even splitting up a workout into 3, ten minute sessions a day (in the morning, afternoon, and after work) is all you need! There’s always time if you make it a priority!
- Most important rule for a successful business is… to respect your clients! Simone stressed how important it is to treat her clients kindly and respectfully, this way they always want to spread the word, and word of mouth is one of the best ways to grow your business!