We had an incredible conversation at our event last week with Jera Foster Fell (aka @jera.bean on Instagram). Jera is a Graphic Designer, turned Soul Cycle Instructor, turned Instagram Influencer, and most recently the founder and creator of the Social Media Saloon.
Jera’s life motto is “feel the fear, and do it anyway,” so we were excited to dive deep into this philosophy with her. She discussed finding peace and happiness with big life changes, both physically and mentally. Cue body confidence, self-acceptance, and a positive mindset.
So with that said, we’re so excited to share our takeaways from Jera’s event:
- Building your self-confidence occurs when you push your limits. For Jera, every day she would get anxious to teach at SoulCycle, but she pushed herself because it was important to her and made her feel inspired.
- Feel your fear, and work through it. You will come out stronger when you put yourself in uncomfortable situations. For Jera, she had a difficult time deciding to leave SoulCycle. It was a place of comfort for her, but she knew in order to achieve personal growth, she had to leave, and go on to start her business.
- Every personal challenge is a learning lesson. When Jera was auditioning to be a SoulCycle instructor, she was so confident in herself, that not being one wasn’t a possibility. She was rejected after her first audition, and she went back again, where she was accepted. Her attitude is to “set your eyes on the prize and do whatever it takes.”
- We all have “blah” days, where we get down on ourselves, especially after being at our pinnacle. It’s ok to not feel 100% perfect every day. And you’re certainly not alone. Jera reminded us that we often think of people who show confidence, as people who have it all together, but everyone has struggles and it’s all about how you embrace it and rise above it.
- Find balance in your day. Jera mentioned that sometimes she is ashamed that she is not as physically fit, as she was while she was an instructor. However, she realizes how great she feels in other aspects of her life, and she recognizes that it is worth the compromise.
This feel-good, inspirational night was purposely planned around Valentine's Day. Your greatest love should be yourself! To sweeten the night, we enjoyed Smart Sweets gummies. Smart Sweets makes a healthier version of all your childhood favs (think Swedish Fish, Peach Rings, Sour Gummy Bears, etc). These high-fiber, gluten-free, and plant-based gummies are a treat, that you can finally feel good about eating. We were so happy to celebrate the holiday of love with a healthier version of our favorite sweets. Now excuse me as I eat Smart Sweets peach rings off my fingers for my afternoon pick-me-up! We hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine’s Day celebrating all of the love in your life! We can’t wait to see you at our next event. Xx