Meal Prep Tips & Tricks with @kaleandcarrotsticks
We learned so much from Danica ( @kaleandcarrotsticks ) at the event we hosted with her at Unplug Meditation. Here are some of the top meal prep tips she shared with us!
- Keep it interesting . Switch up the veggies you use each week.
- Try ‘buffet style.’ Prep a few different seasonal veggies, protein, and a carb of choice separately. Every day, pair them with different pre-made sauces or dressings.
- Always roast veggies on parchment paper. Parchment paper is better for you than tin foil and it helps the mess as well.
- Buy avocado oil spray. Avocado oil has a higher smoke point, so you can roast veggies on a higher temp in the oven and spend less time prepping. Also, when you use a spray, it uses minimal oil so that you won't have veggies that are soggy when reheated.
- Use glass Tupperware and mason jars for food storage. Let your food cool completely to room temp before refrigerating to prevent condensation and help food last longer.
Find all of @kaleandcarrotsticks meal prep essentials here .