We celebrated #MeatlessMonday last week with @FoodbyMaria at Venue 66! Maria's vegan black bean "meatballs" looked & tasted great, AND they featured some of our favorite products — Eden Foods' black beans and spices and Evo Hemp's Hemp Seeds.
We also can't stop thinking about the Classic Spicy tomato sauce from Jar Goods that we used to top our "meatballs" and Cali'Flour Foods pasta. You must try it out! Everyone can order their own jars with 15% off using the code: HELLOWELLNESS
Check out Maria's recipe below, and add this to your dinner menu TONIGHT!
VEGAN BLACK BEAN MEATBALLS
1 cup oat flour, process rolled oats for 30 seconds in food processor
1 cup Bob’s Red Mill rolled oats
1-400 mL cans of Eden Foods black beans, strained and drained
2 tbsp Eden Foods extra-virgin olive oil, plus some for cooking
1 heaped tbsp tomato paste
3 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup white onion, roughly chopped
2 tbsp flax seeds
1 1/2 tbsp thyme
1 1/2 tbsp oregano
Basil, for topping
Cali’flour Foods pasta
BOU Vegetable Flavored Bouillon Cube
Sauce of choice: pesto, spicy tomato, vodka
- Pulse 1 cup of rolled oats in food processor until a flour forms.
- Add the remaining ingredients to processor and blend until well combined. It is done when there is no loose flour.
- Using a tablespoon or small ice cream scoop, roll into “meatballs.”
- In a large non-stick pan, heat olive oil for 1 minute. Add balls and cook for 1 minute per side.
- Cover with lid and cook for 5-6 minutes on medium heat. “Meatballs” are done when they are hot and steaming when cut into.
Recipe makes 12 balls.
- To cook pasta, bring a large pot of water and BOU Bouillon Cubes to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, add in Cali’Flour Foods pasta. Cook for 8 minutes, stirring often.
- Drain pasta. Serve with desired pasta sauce and top with meatballs.