Last week we met up with Rachael DeVaux of @rachaelsgoodeats. Rachael, who is a Certified Personal Trainer and Registered Dietitian, chatted with us about all things health and wellness. Here were the top takeaways that we learned from our gal, RGE:
- When asked about the positives and negatives of social media, Rachael said she always does her best to focus on being herself and staying confident in that. She recommends to only follow accounts that lift you up and bring you joy. Comparison is the thief of happiness!
- Rachael's thoughts on a plant-based diet: she loves them and believes that everyone should be primarily plant-based! Plants should be the basis of your diet. Think plant-centric and whole foods. Then if adding animal proteins, be sure to choose ones of high quality.
- In regards to vitamins and supplements, Rachael recommends that everyone take at lease one daily probiotic - it's her most important suggested item!
- Rachael's take on Intermittent Fasting is that it can be very beneficial for you. She suggests to give your digestion a break for a minimum of 12 hours each day.
- When it comes to working out, the creator of GOOD SWEAT recommends to always listen to your body. Add your workouts to your calendar, but be intuitive to how your body is feeling the day-of...and always have a rest day!
This night was made possible by some of Rachael's favorite brands. We were introduced to products that use wholesome and real ingredients and align perfectly with her beliefs of a clean diet. SmartSweets, a candy that is FREE from added sugars and artificial sweeteners, is one of Rachael's sweetest alternatives to sugar! These high-fiber, gluten-free, non-GMO, and vegan gummies are candy that you can finally feel good about eating (and coming from an RD that's a pretty big deal!). Lucky for us, SmartSweets stocked us up with their Sweet Fish, Peach Rings, and Fruity Gummy Bears.